What To Do When You Can’t Pay Your Qwest Bill
Qwest, now known as CenturyLink, is a telephone company servicing various of the country. In addition to their home landline telephone services, CenturyLink also offers DSL high speed Internet services, and satellite television services. If you need wireless services, they can also help you by providing services through Verizon. You can get one, two, three, or all four of these services as a bundle package. Bundle pricing is usually only temporary and generally runs for a promotional period of six to 12 months. If you are having trouble making your payments, here is some advice to help you.
How To Pay The Bill
Qwest/CenturyLink offers several different ways to pay your bill, including: online, in person, through the mail, and by phone with customer service. You can either make one time payments, or set up automatic recurring payments to be drafted from your bank account, credit card, or debit card. You can keep traditional paper billing, or opt for electronic billing.
- Online with MyAccount Services: Visit https://kai08.qwest.com/cwt/qwest/customerlogin.aspx . You can also pay online with QuickPay where no account is required.
- In Person: Locate the store nearest you to make your payment in person.
- By mail: Visit payment mailing address to enter your zip code and get the payment mailing address for your service area.
- By phone:Call customer service at: 1-800-860-2255 and follow the prompts to process your payment using your credit or debit card. If your payment is processed with an agent, a $4 fee will be added for the service.
- Pay with Billfloat: This account-based service will pay your bill for you, giving you an extra 30 days to pay.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Customers can browse the FAQs section on the Qwest website in search of answers to billing questions. However, customers may receive a faster response to questions about fees and service charges from customer service at 1-800-491-0118.
How The Penalty Fees Work
We were not able to find penalty fees online, and the customer service agent would not provide this information to non customers. There is likely a late fee based on the amount past due, along with a fee for returned payments.
I Can’t Make A Payment
If you cannot make a payment, call customer service as soon as possible. They can work with you to make a payment arrangement to allow you to keep your services on without interruption while you pay the balance in installments. You may also discuss payment arrangement options with a customer service agent online through the Live Chat feature. Low income customers may be eligible to receive a discount on telephone services only.
Will They Work With Me To Pay My Bill?
Qwest/CenturyLink will work with you to a certain extent. They will work with you to keep your phone services on, as the ability to make phone calls is important. The other services may be terminated for non-payment sooner than the home telephone. Are you a Quest or CenturyLink customer who has had issues with on-time bill payment in the past? How did the company help you? Share your experience below.